Repsol continues with its commitment to the remediation of the areas and the support of the communities affected by the spill that occurred last January 15. As part of the actions taken to mitigate the impact of the event, we have developed an action plan consisting of 3 stages: Immediate Relief, Recovery, and Development.
The Social Management Team and experts hired by Repsol have developed this plan in continuous dialogue with the authorities and the communities for the duration of this situation, in accordance with the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights that have been integrated into the company’s internal policies since 2013.
Phase 1 – Immediate relief
- Social support to cover basic needs.
- From January 15 to the end of March.
- Emergency relief, mapping of impacted persons, and promotion of local employment.
- 4.5 million soles
- More than 4,150 beneficiaries of 9,000 vouchers of 500 soles.
Phase 2 – Recovery
- Initiated in March with advance compensation payments.
- In collaboration with the Government (PCM / INDECI).
- Through participatory census processes and impact studies.
- Compensation to those affected
- First analyses for the design of development projects.
Phase 3 – Development
- Start in June
- Design and implementation of sustainable development projects.
- Commitment to work in a sustained and sustainable manner with the communities in the areas of influence.